Aspirational Vision Statement
adopted May 2018
Bnot Esh is a multi-generational Jewish feminist spirituality collective dedicated to feminism and the feminist transformation of Judaism and Jewish life.
Since 1981 Bnot Esh has been gathering to create, learn, laugh, sing, grow, struggle, play, and pray.
We are committed to:
- Seeking inspiration and guidance in our roots in Judaism and feminism.
- Working in solidarity with other changemakers to heal our broken world.
- Engaging as a group with social justice issues that compel us at particular historical moments and allowing ourselves to be transformed by that engagement.
- Fostering strong relationships with each other and being accountable to each other and to the group.
- Creating innovative, embodied, and soulful space for prayer, ritual, healing, and connecting with the Divine.
- Pursuing deep spiritual connection with ourselves, each other and the web of life.
- Working to sustain the web of life that nourishes us and motivates us to act for justice.
We understand as central to this project:
- Action in the Jewish community and in the world towards our values and visions.
- Racial justice and continuing to deepen our group as an anti-racist, multi-racial and multi-ethnic body.
- Queer and trans liberation and empowerment
- Recognizing systemic oppression as a central force in creating injustice and using an intersectional approach that includes racism, white supremacy, classism, sexism, heterosexism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, sizeism, ageism, ableism, and indigenous oppression.